Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 111 (4/20/12) ~ More Photography Class Homework

This week we learned about shutter speed in the photography class I am taking.  We learned that the slower the shutter speed, the more blurred the picture will be.  One of our homework assignments was to take 4 images of something moving but to decrease the shutter speed each time. We had to use a tripod for this assignment.  I felt so accomplished using a tripod for the first time.  Of course, Erin and Will had to show me exactly how to use the tripod and put the camera on it.  They learned in their broadcasts classes at school.   The following pictures show Erin doing a cartwheel for me with shutter speeds of 1/125, 1/30,1/8, and 1/4.  

 1/125
 1/30
 1/8...Will decided he needed to be in this one!
1/4...can you spot Will?
I think that is just so cool!  In the last picture (1/4), you can see the hand that Erin has on the ground with her watch on it as the only part of her body that is not moving at the time.  
Another part of our homework was to make 2 images of running water on a tripod with 2 different shutter speeds.  Here are my best ones:
 This one is on a faster shutter speed, 1/125, and captures the running water without blurring.
This one is on a slower shutter speed, 1/4, and shows the blurring of the running water.  I love this one!
I am having so much fun learning about my camera and doing my homework assignments.  I asked our teacher if she teaches a class that will follow this one that will teach us more about taking better pictures and about how our cameras work.  She said she has been asked to teach an intermediate class and is putting together some material now for it and hopes to offer one soon.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will be able to do that because I am going to be so sad in 2 weeks when the class is over...



No comments:

Post a Comment