Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 97 ~ I See You Have A New Hairdo

My hair is naturally curly and thick.  People who do not have naturally curly hair think it's a blessing but most people that have it think it's a curse.  I would say that 95% of the time, I straighten my hair.  That means blowing it dry while brushing it out with a large round brush then pulling it up in sections and holding it in place with clips while I use a flatiron on sections of it at a time.  Well, this morning, I just wasn't feeling it and decided it would be a "curly hair, don't care" day.  Now, I have only worn my hair natural and curly one other time this school year.  And, you have to remember that most kindergarteners do not have a filter when it comes to saying what pops in their head.  While I was patrolling the hall this morning doing my weekly duty, a student that is in another teacher's class stops and says, "I see you have a new hairdo."  I said, "Yes, what do you think?  Is it okay?"  After studying me for a few seconds, he says, "A little..."
The last time I wore it this way, one of my students said, "Where did you get that hairdo?" I was asked by a dad that came to the school to have lunch with his daughter if I had gotten a perm.  Do people still get perms?  I don'f know.  This is what I call my "lazy hair".  Wash it, towel dry it, put some mousse for curly hair in it and off I go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment