Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 131 ~ 13 Days Until Erin's Graduation

My daughter Erin will graduate from high school in 13 days.  I will post pictures of her from each year of school starting with kindergarten today.  Erin attended kindergarten in 1999-2000 at Thompson Elementary School.  It was the last year that "Thompson Elementary School" existed.  Meadow View Elementary was being built and the next school year, K-3 moved to Meadow View and Thompson became Thompson Intermediate School for 4th and 5th grades.
 Erin started kindergarten in August of 1999.  This is her school picture from that year.
They used to take Christmas pictures at school, too.

Erin played coach pitch baseball at the Pelham YMCA that year.  

Circus time!!

New Year's Eve 1999 ~ Remember Y2K??  We celebrated at home with chips and dip and candy from their Christmas stockings.  Erin was 5 and Will was 2.  "Happy New Year!"

Halloween 1999 ~ Erin was a black cat.

You cannot talk about Erin's kindergarten year without including Mrs. Williamson or Maci.  Erin and Maci met in kindergarten and have been a huge part of each other's lives ever since.  They have had times when they were extremely close and times when they weren't but I know when they both look back in years to come, there will be very few memories that don't have the other one in it.  

Playing dress-up at Maci's house with her dog Amber

Open House at school with Maci's little brother Hunter.  I love how they are all holding hands!

Playing at our house after having a sleep over.

Matching haircuts!  

This one is too cute!!  

They were the "Class of 2000"!!  (Kindergarten Class of 2000, that is...)
I was the room mom for Erin's class.  That was the last year I didn't work from home.  On the last day of school, Carol Williamson took me to Jody Brewer's office and told her that she needed to hire me for the next school year.  The rest as they say, is history...  
I thought high school (not to mention graduation) for Erin was so far away while she was in kindergarten.  I was just trying to adjust having my first child in all day real school and having a 2 year old little boy at home without his big sister.  But while I wasn't looking, my little girl grew up and in 13 days, she will put on that cap and gown and walk across a stage while we all cheer and cry.  It happens WAY too fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment