Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 16 ~ "What do you do with broken crayons?"

Erin and Will helped me peel and break this pile of old crayons.  The paper that was peeled off the crayons is in the background.  Why would we spend a Monday evening making our fingers sore and waxy?  I am going to attempt to make multi-colored heart shaped crayons for our students for Valentine's day.  I found a "Whoopie Pie Pan" at Michael's yesterday.  It has 12 heart shaped cavities in it.  It's like a muffin pan that you would use to make shallow heart shaped muffins with.  I will put different colored crayon bits in each compartment of the pan and place the pan in the oven until the crayons melt together.  Hope it works!  

2 comments:

  1. I'm already loving your blog! I've been blogging for a while now... something like five years. Trying to get back into it regularly though! I love this idea of a pic a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jamie! I have read your blog and enjoy it. Give Bryant a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete