Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 28 ~ Vulcan Park with the Family


I was the first one up in our house today just like every other day and while I was drinking coffee I was thinking of everything that needed to be done around the house.  Laundry is stacked up, the living room looks like it snowed in there because Roxy destroyed a stuffed animal and all the stuffing was everywhere, grocery shopping, etc.  That was how I planned to spend the day until I took Roxy out and realized that it was going to be a gorgeous day!  So, I planned to wake up my family and declare today a bonding day!  We had brunch at "Over Easy" and then headed to Vulcan Park.  
This is part of the Iron wall in the Vulcan museum.

Will and Erin 

Will and Erin were so great about me taking so many pictures of them.  

View of Birmingham from the observation deck of the Vulcan

LOVE this one!  


 Part of an American flag display, I would have taken a picture of the whole thing but it had a tv showing a video right in the middle.
I remember the Vulcan holding this light when I was growing up.  It would be green if there were no traffic fatalities that day but would be red if there were.

This is the door to the stairs at the bottom of Vulcan.  The kids were going to take all 159 stairs but the stairs were closed.  

 It was so windy on the observation deck!
You can tell it was windy because my hair is jacked up!

The sign says "No Running on Stair Steps".  Don't Worry!

 
Could be my favorite picture of the day!
Will had never been to Vulcan Park and Erin had not been since she was a year old.  The park has been renovated since then.  I remember going for the first time when I was about 3 years old.  It was a great family day!  I better get them while I can!!




No comments:

Post a Comment