Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 23 ~ Making a Mess

Can you guess what this is?  It looks like orange paint or orange play doh.  Well, it is......... melted candy corn!  Why am I melting candy corn?  Will and I are making home made Butterfingers!  It was his idea.  First thing you do is melt the candy corn in the microwave.  Will was in charge of that.  Then you mix peanut butter in with the melted candy corn and spread the mixture in a pan lined with wax paper.


You let it cool for an hour and then cut it into strips or chunks with a pizza cutter.  

Melt chocolate chips and dip the mixture to cover.  Then place them on a wax paper covered cookie sheet. 


Let them cook and harden.  And then they are ready to eat!  I will let you know how they taste.  I am not going to tell you what Will said they look like at this stage...... you can just imagine!!  
Will and I are the only ones home tonight.  I have enjoyed spending this time with him and after starting this day with the horrible storms that took so much from some,  I am thankful we are able to do this.    

No comments:

Post a Comment