Thursday, January 12, 2012

January 12th ~ "Tennis anyone?"

The thought is always in the back of my mind.  And, it really hits home hard as I write down schedules, times, and responsibilities of upcoming school activities and sports.  Erin will be graduating from high school in just a little over 4 months....
There will be a lot of "lasts" as we trudge towards that bittersweet day in May.  Erin will be a part of her last THS News broadcast.  She will attend her last school assembly as a student.  She will open her locker for the last time.  She will sit through her last high school classes and say good-bye to some of her favorite teachers.  She will park in her assigned parking space for the last time and take those "before school on a special day" pictures with her friends.  But one of the "lasts" that I am dreading the most (because I will miss it so much!) is her last season as a varsity player on the Lady Warriors Thompson Tennis Team.  And since the season starts next month, I decided that tonight's post for my "Project 365" should be about some of the memories made while Erin played tennis not just for her high school team but for the last 10 years.  The basement of our house is named "The Hutter Hall of Fame" because the walls and shelves are filled with pictures, trophies, plaques, and jerseys from the different sports teams that Erin and Will have been on through the years. So, it was easy for me to snap a few shots of that journey down memory lane...
 


It's times like these that I am really glad that I take lots of pictures and that I am a little obsessed with displaying them.  Here's to the 2012 Lady Warriors season!  Let's make it back to State and represent!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment