Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 26 ~ Beanie Babies

Tanya (my teaching partner) came across some reading strategies that involve animals to help the children remember them.  We decided it would be a good idea to have a stuffed animal that goes along with each strategy to help the kids visualize.  I told her about all the Beanie Babies that were taking up space in my attic.  So, this afternoon I went on the Beanie Baby hunt!  And look what I found!  (the only one I needed and couldn't find was the eagle, and  I know we had that one!) 

How many of us bought every one of these that we could find and got caught up in the craze of buying them before they went into retirement?  We just knew these little cuties were going to be worth lots of money one day....  WHATEVER!  You almost can't give them away now.  As I was putting them all on the table to take pictures, I was remembering ones that we owned that weren't in the huge black garbage bag where I found all of these.  Who knows where those got off to? During the Beanie Baby hay day, Mark traveled all over the state for his job. He would bring the kids new ones all the time.  His dad would send the kids new ones from Florida.  When Will was a baby, Erin completely covered him in beanie babies while he was in his bouncy seat once and he didn't like it at all.  I have a picture of her sitting next to him and he is screaming his head off.  HAHA!   Erin used to go through phases where she would sleep with all the cats or carry around of the dogs.  When she was 4, she was Dorothy from The Wizard of OZ for Halloween and carried the  Scotty dog with her.  
This is the "Erin" bear.  She stayed in a plastic case for a long time.  



These are the "teeny beanie babies" that were the prize in McDonald's Happy Meals.  
I think a lot of these are going to find a new home in our classroom.  I just wish I had all the money we spent on these things now!  


No comments:

Post a Comment