Sunday, January 1, 2012

I think I will give it a whirl...

So, I have decided to start a personal blog.  There have been so many times that I felt the need to just type about things that are happening in my life or my thoughts and feelings about things.  I have a teaching blog but I don't feel comfortable talking about personal things there.  Also, I know people don't want me to blab on crazily on facebook.  I will be writing about life in general.  Sharing joys and downers and venting at times, I am sure.

It's the first day of 2012!  This year will be very significant for us at the Hutter house.  My daughter Erin will graduate from high school in May and become a freshman at The University of Alabama in August.  I am still trying to figure out where my sweet little baby girl went.
In order for me to not fall apart every time I think about her not being here with us once she leaves for college, I have started planning her graduation party.  Who else LOVES Pinterest??  I have started a board for decorations, invitations, food, and for all things dealing with the plans I have for this party.  I know that the next 5 months are going to FLY by because it seems like only yesterday that she was my small 4 year old kindergartener like the one in the photo above!  
I am off work until Tuesday so, one more day of waking up without an alarm clock and taking as much time as I want drinking my coffee.  To be honest, I am ready to be back in my classroom with my students.  I am very lucky in that my job is also my hobby and I think about it all time but I enjoy that.  My students and I will be learning about New Year's traditions.  It could get interesting when I ask them if they ate black eyed-peas today.  =)
Going back to work will cut into the time I have been wasting spending on my addictions which for the moment are Pinterest (and downloading all the teacher freebies I find) and a game for the iPad called Temple Run.  OMG!  That game is F-U-N!  And, it makes me feel a little like Indiana Jones.  Haha!  
One more thing for today,  Erin and I have decided to keep a journal this year.  But not just any journal, we are going to keep the "Peaks, Pits, Praises, Prayers". This is how you keep a journal like this one.   "1. Peaks of the Day: The highlights. The good moments. Something overall positive that happened during the day. 2. Pit of the Day: The low point of the day. But, rather than just complaining about it, a way that looking back at it can be positive or a blessing in disguise. 3. Praise: Simply praising God for specific things that happened 4. Prayers: Prayer requests that may have arose from the new day or that have been lingering."  Wish us luck!  

No comments:

Post a Comment