Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 17 ~ Finished Product

Yesterday I blogged about making heart shaped crayons from old broken crayons.  This idea was not mine!  I have seen this idea on teacher's blogs and on Pinterest.  And, my friend and a first grade teacher, Melissa McMurray told me about her adventures in trying to make these for her class last year. I have been wanting to try this since last Valentine's Day.  I started looking for a muffin pan with heart shaped cavities since all the Christmas stuff was taken from the stores.  This is the one I found at Michael's.  It is actually a "Whoopie Pie Pan".
The following pictures are the steps I took to get to my final product (which turned out beautiful!)
Broken pieces of crayons about to go into a 200 degrees oven for about 15-20 minutes.


Here they are in the oven.  Can't you just hear them moaning in their best wicked witch voice, "I'm melting!"

They are quite soupy when they come out of the oven.  You have to let them completely cool in the pan.  They are really easy to get out once they are cool.

I made some that are multi-colored and some that are just a few coordinating colors.

This one looks tie-dyed.  I think it is beautiful with the bright colors.




I had to make a red and white one.... ROLL TIDE!!  
On a totally different note, I CANNOT take much more of this horrible weather!  My head is killing me and I am so TIRED!  Okay, sorry!  Had to vent!  

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Such a great idea, and the kids will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete